It all began in October of 1997 when the first Grand Theft Auto video game was released and before long the game had a huge fan base. It has the feel of mobsters but in all actuality, the player is working his/her way through the ranks of the criminal underground. As the story goes along players could travel to three different cities while following missions. However, the exciting action is also found in side-activities such as racing, stealth, role-playing, 3rd person shooting, driving, and of course action and adventure.
Even with the very first game in the series, the adult theme, language, and violence brought quite a bit of controversy. However, the game was not created with children in mind, but adults.
While doing the missions and side activities, you will run into all kinds of criminal activity and must perform certain tasks in order to go forward. The thrill of being chased by the cops or other criminals and trying to find your way through the cities after completing a task will keep you going for hours. You may find yourself breaking the speed limit, shooting cops, and even driving on the sidewalk to get away from being killed or caught by the cops.
The rest of the series includes:
- Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 released in April 1999
- Grand Theft Auto 2 released in October 1999
- Grand Theft Auto III released in October 2001
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City released in October 2002
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas released in October 2004
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories released in October 2005
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories released in October 2006
- Grand Theft Auto IV released in April 2008
- Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned released in February 2009
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars released in March 2009
- Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony released in October 2009
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City released in October 2009
- Grand Theft Auto V released in September 2013
The main thrill of the game are the graphics that are very real so you can feel the intensity of trying to ensure you are not hit by a bullet or caught by the police. Driving and staying on the road is very difficult at first at least for those that have not been into gaming before. However, once you get the hang of staying on the road, you will be able to scoot in and out of traffic and find ways to fly around other vehicles and obstacles to reach your destination.
Of course, since it is a video game you will never have to worry about actually being caught and going to jail. On the other hand, if you wish to take this type of action to the roadways in real life, you should learn more about no win no fee. You can easily get away from the cops in Grand Theft Auto once you learn the controls and the cities, but in real life, the helicopters will truly find you and help the officers on the ground capture you.