Rise of the Tomb Raider was originally released in 2015 exclusively for the Xbox One to compete against Sony‘s Uncharted series but PlayStation 4 owners will be able to enjoy Lara Croft‘s adventure as part of the Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary Celebration Edition coming Oct 11, 2016.
The new version of Rise of the Tomb Raider will include a handful of new content and fancy packaging like:
- Blood Ties which is a single player campaign unlocked after ‘Bear Valley’ where Lara Croft returns home and finds her manor in dispute. Blood Ties is about an hour of gameplay exploring the manor as Croft and can also be experienced in the new Sony PlayStation VR.
- Lara’s Nightmare is a new adventure that finds Croft fighting against zombies in her manor and includes a boss battle and leaderboards.
- Endurance mode will add online co-op where you and a friend can adventure together in randomly generated areas raiding tombs in tandem.
- Classic Lara Croft skins (5 total) from classic PlayStation 1 polygon models to more current renditions will be added to the mix
- Includes previously released DLC and Bundles and all content except Sony VR will unlock for Season Pass holders on the Xbox One and PC versions of the game.
Related: Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) review: