The category 5 DLC storm from Epic Games comes to an end with a multiplayer map pack Force of Nature. While the four pieces of DLC promised via the Gears of War 3 season pass will be ending with the March 27 launch of Force of Nature, Producer Rod Fergusson is not ruling out the possibility of future additions saying “We’ve completed the obligation for those with the season pass, so it’s really now all about community demand…”
Force of Nature DLC details:
- Four new character skins – Mechanic Baird, Commando Dom, Savage Grenadier Elite and Savage Hunter
- Five additional maps – Aftermath, Artillery, and Cove are all new maps with Jacinto (Gears of War 2) and Raven Down (Gears of War) making their return. As the tittle suggests each of the maps will be experiencing some inclement weather. Snow storms, fog, tornadoes, a tsunami, and lightning storms will all serve as additional opponents to both sides of a multiplayer match.
- Ten new achievements for a total of 250 gamerscore.
- The return of Guardian – The fan favorite game type makes its return.
- Elemental Cleavers – Perhaps the most interesting bit of this DLC pack, the Elemental Cleavers add some damage modifiers to these melee weapons. Burn ’em with the fire of the emulsion cleaver or slow your enemies with the freezing power of the snow cleaver.
Epic Games’ commitment to bringing a little bit more to what is essentially just a map pack is admirable, others could learn a lesson.