Activision granted us early access to COD XP 2016 the fan event celebrating all things Call Of Duty happening this weekend in Los Angeles, CA. We had a chance to play hands-on multiplayer for the upcoming video game Call of Duty Infinite Warfare which is the latest in the popular franchise developed by Infinity Ward set to release November 4, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare will introduce ‘Combat Rigs‘ which basically represent character classes and abilities. Combat Rigs are suits you wear to fit your play style and have different tactical strengths and can be changed on the fly as you make your way through multiplayer maps. Adding to the loadout of your character are two additional aspects called ‘Payloads‘ and ‘Traits‘ which are both part of the Combat Rig experience and sort of act like perks to best match your style of play.
The six different Combat Rigs we were introduced to during our presentation for Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare were:
- MERC who is good for defensive purposes, suppressive fire and has an armored riot shield.
- FTL is an experimental Combat Rig with speed and the abilitiy to slide and aim down the sights.
- STRYKER Combat Rig has turets and drones.
- WARFIGHTER is a general mid class ranger type with both support and offensive abilities.
- PHANTOM has concealment and long range abilities like a sniper.
- SYNAPTIC is good for run and gun action and kills give this Combat Rig a burst in speed.
Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare will have weapon crafting where gamers can collect, redeem and salvage prototype weapons and legendary weapons which will all have their own advantages to gameplay. Both primary and secondary weapons will have weapon crafting and customization.
Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare is much like other Call Of Duty games of the past when it comes to multiplayer maps – the action is fast and kinetic with an attention to weapons and sound design. The Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare multiplayer maps we played on were Throwback, Terminal, Frontier and Breakout.
COD XP 2016 is a fan event (the second of its kind) celebrating the Call Of Duty franchise and giving attendees a first chance to get hands-on time with Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare and Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered – here’s a glance of the activities:
- Call of Duty PlayStation®VR experience “Jackal Assault” immersing fans in the cockpit and putting them in control of a Jackal, the personal fighter jet in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Nuketown paintball, set in a life-sized, recreation of the fan-favorite Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer map. Fans watching at home can participate through “Twitch Plays Nuketown”.
- Infinite Warfare’s Zombies in Spaceland laser tag, themed in the ‘80s-inspired setting of the new game mode
- Call of Duty zip line experience, which mirrors the in-game mechanic seen in numerous Call of Duty multiplayer maps
- Juggernaut Wrestling, a face to face intense cage match where fans will engage in combat while wearing inflatable Juggernaut suits
- Call of Duty developer panels going behind-the-scenes with game creators
- Onsite Call of Duty armory and franchise museum
- Call of Duty photo booths